Time to plan your trip to the Carter’s Country Shooting Range. As exciting as this activity is, it is vital to remember range rules and safety reminders.
These safety rules and reminders can ensure your safety on the range and enhance your enjoyment of the whole experience.
Here are the rules:
- All firearms must be UNLOADED with their ACTIONS OPEN and
MUZZLES POINTED UP IN THE AIR when checking in to shoot.
- During cease fires all firearms must be unloaded and placed in the
gun racks. No firearms will be handled during cease fires.
- NO LONG GUN OR RIFLE CASES are permitted on the firing line,
range bags are acceptable.
- SHOTGUNS ON TARGET RANGES CAN SHOOT SLUGS ONLY.
This does not apply to the trap and skeet fields.
- NO RAPID FIRE; please keep at least one second between shots.
- All non-shooting observers must remain off the firing line, behind the
red fences or inside the store.
- Do not shoot over targets.
The berms that outdoor ranges have are meant to stop bullets after they go through the target. If you shoot over the berm, you might be banned from the range for life! Your bullet can travel for some miles and cause injuries or even death to others. So you should keep at least one second between shots and be careful not to shoot when you have not lined up your target.
Children—Due to the unprecedented volume of new shooters we can no longer permit youth under the age of 12 to fire handguns on our range. This rule will apply even when the youth is supervised by a parent or guardian.
Shooting at the Carter’s Country Range is an exciting activity. Ensure that you follow the reminders and the rules above to ensure an enjoyable and safe experience.
Remember, the Carter’s Country Range is located at our store at 6231 Treaschwig Road in Spring, TX and it’s open seven days a week rain or shine with a covered rifle and pistol ranges. The range hours are Monday – Friday 9:00 – 7:00, and Saturday and Sunday 8:30 – 7:00.
Also Serving these areas